Update


I have written many posts in my mind
but the last two months
I just did not have the energy to write them.

The first post I would have written was
radiation sucks, at least for me.
Although I was aware of the side effects
I never expected to be in so much pain.
For two weeks my burned open skin
was very painful.
I always read that radiation is not as bad as chemo
so it took me by surprise.

The second post would have been called
grateful.
Grateful to be without pain,
to make a cup of coffee,
do the laundry,
take my kids to school,
just to be able to get into my daily routine again.
I was even looking forward to do some ironing,
I hate ironing!
I still have not done it though
there is still a pile waiting for me, ha ha.

The third post would have been called
fear.
During the radiation I started coughing
and four weeks after radiation
I was still coughing and it got worse.
So a visit to the doctor was in order.
I got some medication to stop the coughing
and a X-thorax, just to be sure.
And although you know it`s just routine
the fear starts messing with your mind.
When the results are late,
fear takes over.
And then there was the phone call
where the assistant says, the doctor wants to see you personally.
Then you know something is wrong
and there is nothing else but fear.
When you hear they don`t suspect any metastasis 
hope returns.
After a ct-scan it turns out I have a radiation pneumonitis.

Since a couple of days the coughing finally is getting less.
there will be some more tests
to see if it is getting better or if I need prednison.
We will see.

I hope to be back this week 
with a post about a felt workshop
which was a lot a fun. 






Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to learn about your severe illness. What an awfull period you just described. I sincerely hope you've had the worst and from now on things will start to get better.
    Best wishes for you.
    Warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are going to feel better and strong asap!!!!!
    all the best,
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear from you again Michelle and I sincerely hope 2014 is going to be a fresh and healthier year for you. I shall continue to be thinking of you. Very best wishes Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note.