Little flower embroidery





For Ella`s birthday I bought a party dress
at Boden.
I think it`s a lovely, Alice in Wonderland like, dress without
being exactly like Alice.
And also a practical solution because I didn`t have time to make an Alice dress.
Luckily Ella loved the dress
so the dress was a time saver.
Because it`s a bit cold with short sleeves
I decided to embroider flowers 
on a cardigan she already has
to make it matching.


These flowers are simple but a wonderful addition to a cardigan.
I`m already looking for other cardigans
to beautify.
This is how it`s done.


Start with  a lazy daisy stitch.





Make a square,


fill up the open spaces.


Make a french knot in the middle.


Thread around the needle four times.



Done with your first flower
just a few more to go.









Comments

  1. Michelle the cardigan is absolutely delightful. Ella couldn't fail to be enchanted with it, and the fact that she has something unique to her. Well done you. I love doing embroidery and I love lazy daisy stitch and french knots. They are so versatile. You've inspired me to have a look in my wardrobe and see what I can embroider on. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note.